Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Miracles Are Commonplace

In the early days of my own recovery, I heard two things - 1) Never Give Up Just Before the Miracle Happens and 2) In recovery, miracles are commonplace.  My sponsor sent me this message today:

On this day of your life, I beleive God want you to know...
that miracles do not, in fact, break the laws of nature." 
C.S. Lewis said that, and it is an enormous insight. 
If we think that miracles are normal, we will expecte them. 
And expecting a miracle is the best way to get one. 
Just pray to whatever Higher Power you believe in for your miracle...
and if you have no belief, then perhaps you can believe
 that I believe you will get a miracle -
it may not come the way you think, but it will come.
 
I remember trying to decide if I should go to treatment and it was the prospect of miracles that made me come and the promise of miracles that made me stay and kept me coming back.   Expecting miracles - large and small - do end up in the manifestation of miracles.  This is our experience.  This is my experience. This has been shown over and over again.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment