Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Great Fact

"The Great Fact"

"We realize we know only a little.
God will constantly disclose more to you and to us. 

Ask Him in your morning meditation what you can do each day for the man who is still sick.
The answers will come, if you own house is in order.
"But obviously you cannot transmit something you haven't got.
See to it that your relationship with Him is right, and great events will come to pass for you and countless others.
This is the great fact for us." 
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 164


There are days in recovery that I still feel broken...powerless over everything and that life still seems unmanageable.  I have come to believe that my ego wants this sense of drama so that I can keep the focus on the past in regret or on the future in fear.  When I stay in the present, my ego has no control - no stake.  I can be at peace.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment